Hourly and fixed-fee representation is available.
An hourly structure allows you to incur fees only as they become due. In some matters, such as non-provisional patent applications, prosecution can take years due to the application backlog at the USPTO. With an hourly arrangement, you keep your money until each unit of work is performed.
A fixed-fee structure helps you avoid billing surprises. The quality of review by the USPTO varies. With the fixed-fee structure, those variables will not affect your bill.
- Utility Applications
- Prior Art Search – $500 – Includes search of patent and non-patent literature and list of relevant references with explanations of relevance
- Provisional Patent Application – $1,000
- Non-provisional Patent Application – $5,000 – Includes response to office actions through final action
- Request for Continued Examination – $2,500 – If non-provisional application was filed by Hogaboam Law Offices, PLLC, otherwise $5,000. Includes response to office actions through final action
- Drawings – Depend on the time required – I encourage clients to provide their own drawings, suitable drawings can often be generated from CAD files at no cost
- Design Applications
- Patent Application – $1,000 – Includes response to office actions through final action
- Drawings – Depend on the time required- I encourage clients to provide their own drawings, suitable drawings can often be generated from CAD files at no cost
- Trademark Applications
- Application – $750 – Includes search of federal and select state registries, includes response to office actions through final action
* All fees payable to the USPTO (application, search, publication, petition, extension of time, issue, etc.) are the responsibility of the client and are not included in the above listed fees.
** “Complicated” applications may cost more. If it is believed an application is “complicated,” the fee will be negotiated before work, beyond a Prior Art Search, is performed.
*** Applicants eligible for micro-entity status are eligible for a 20% discount on preparation and prosecution fees.
**** The cost to perform USPTO interviews requested by the client are not included in fixed-fee representation.